Monday, August 1, 2011

My new staff bio...




Elisa Fernandez
Co-Director of Student Ministries at Greentree Community Church in St Louis, MO
Staff Bio


Family
I grew up in the Washington, DC area in Northern VA. I have an older sister, two half brothers and two step sisters. Both sets of parents are re-married and I enjoy spending time with all of them!

High School
Fairfax High School in Fairfax, VA.

Influences
I was quite the musical girl growing up from choirs to musicals to a cappella groups up until my college years. With that being said, some of my biggest influences were Gloria Estefan, Celine Dion, and *NSYNC, of course! I think that as of now, I realize that my mother is a huge influence in my life – she is incredibly strong, a hard worker, personable, and hilarious. I look up to her a lot. I have been blessed with amazing people in my life including my dearest and closest friends from college and post-college who have influenced and encouraged me in one way or another.

Epic Moments
I love good stories and I have far too many of them. Please ask me – and I am more than happy to share with you! Some epic moments I have had mostly take place on traveling adventures with friends and family. The Lord has blessed me with many opportunities to see different parts of the country and the world, and in addition to that, many crazy situations to take part in!

When I grow up, I want to be…
I would love to own a bed a breakfast. So, I guess, an Inn Keeper? I just want to meet people, talk, have fun, and cook them breakfast.

Best Invention
Tom’s Shoes. The shoes and the organization combined.

Favorite Books
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, Cold Mountain, anything by Tim Keller, Gospel of John, and Amelia Bedelia.

Favorite Movies
V for Vendetta, Forest Gump, Soul Surfer, Pride and Prejudice, Never Say Never (Beiber documentary…), Cold Mountain, most all James Bond movies, all of the Rocky films (accept the newest one), Breakfast Club, and so many more. I like movies.

Favorite TV Shows
Gilmore Girls, Glee, Matlock, Degrassi

Fear Factors
I fear losing an eye every day of my life. I face eye threats at least once a day – I don’t know why!

Fingernails on a Chalkboard
Seeing little kids attached to a leash.

Spare Time
I enjoy anything outdoors: hiking, biking, running, camping, or trying anything new! I love to sing and I am always checking out new music – popular or independent stuff. I also love seeing good plays and music performances. I enjoy reading but I am way too social… I can’t sit too long without getting antsy!

Personal Motto or Favorite Quote
“God doesn’t want something from us. He simply wants us.” –C.S. Lewis

If I were a car, I would be a…
Yellow smart car.

Passion
To live a full life and discover all of the amazing things God has so creatively put together. I am passionate about so many things and I enjoy so many things – but above all, so much interests me because I see how God has crafted it all in His own special way.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I know you better already! Some of your musical favorites are a bit sketchy (lol) but otherwise I loved it. Especially the quote- it's on e of my favorites too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete