Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Album Recommendations.

I think Amy Grant has released about 582 Christmas albums over the span of her career. I am just saying... That's a whole lot of Christmas tunes. I love me some holiday cheer and music - and she is totally blowing up my Pandora Christmas radio. Lovin' it!

There was a time in my life when I would listen to Christmas music year-round and I LOVED IT! I would be mowing the lawn in the middle of summer listening to my *NSYNC Christmas Album, on my DISC MAN, by the way, singing along out loud and without shame! I highly recommend you make the purchase... TODAY!

But this album, Your King Has Come, is by far one of my favorites. If you enjoy the classic songs like "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" - have you ever heard the Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken version? I thought so. Check it out immediately if not sooner. This album contains a treasure trove of classic re-made, super-sweet, acoustic versions by great artists.

If I had to choose one song that I did not like that plays CONSTANTLY on Christmas radio, it is "Christmas Shoes." I will never understand it. I will never like it. This is by far the most frustrating Christmas song I have ever heard in my 23 years of living. If I am on my death bed and happen to have a small child, I will not send him out to buy me a pair of shoes with my last few dollars - OH NO. I'd want to spend time with my family and USE the cash to purchase something important... like... hmm what... oh yeah, perhaps a REMEDY FOR MY ILLNESS.

I imagine the pair of shoes looked something like this one. Perhaps this style of shoe would be called the Debbie Downer Low-tops by Keds.


(I do not mean to offend anyone by any means. I am just sharing my frustration. Thanks. And... sorry.) In any event... Everything else is pretty good! :-)

Don't fight the Christmas rush, friends. Embrace it. Dance, if possible. Sing along to some *NSYNC as you rake the leaves or shovel the ol' walk! Hope you enjoy some of my recommendations!

Peace and blessin's
-Elisa

P.S. I really don't want to read these books for my Apologetics class... Hope you took delight in my train-of-thought.

1 comment: